With Outsourcing your development partner will work on your project. The IT Outsourcing companies are usually project responsible and you have rarely access to the development team itself. The developers can work on multiple projects at the same time (depending on the agreements made).
Outsourcing vs. In-house hiring & Outstaffing
First of all, it’s important to know the difference between outsourcing and outstaffing. Outstaffing is a form of remote collaboration with a hired developer or development team. They perform all tasks for your company, but are officially employed by another company (the development partner). The latter acts as an employer and is therefore responsible for wages, bonuses, equipment awarded to an employee. While you as a customer provide the developer with tasks and assignments.
In this form of service, the development partner is therefore responsible for hiring and maintaining a team that is entirely at your disposal. In fact, you hire your own external employees who are part of your own team. This external development team can be managed by your own people or by external managers.
In case of In-house hiring you’ll most probably have the developers on your own payroll, they’ll work at your office and you’ll provide tasks and assignments.
Why you should go for this outstaffing
- outstaffing offers the possibility to hire great developers without having to pay high recruitment costs, hourly rates and taxes. Costs you’ll (most probably) have with in-house hiring.
- there is flexibility in scaling up or down the number of developers or specialists you hire. Working with in-house staff doesn’t give you this flexibility.
- you’ll have complete control over the development process, in contrast to working with IT Outsourcing companies.
- you’ll have full (and dedicated) access to your developers, which you won’t have with outsourcing.
- the rates for outstaffing are lower than those of other business models and last of all: outstaffing is your gateway to a huge world wide talent pool. SHORE teams has 30,000+ talents ready to work for you.
- The developers/expertise you can’t find in your own region are somewhere else widely available.